11/22/2010

Volkswagen cruise to Arizona - U.S. trip

C.by.SAM2010-601.jpg

Last time, I visited the States for checking and buying parts, the boss of one supplier invited me to join a cruise to Arizona by VW vehicles using Route66.  It was such an exciting thing for me but I hadn't much time to go on the whole cruise (4days) because I had to stop by at many suppliers around California.

So I joined them for one day, just getting a taste of Arizona.  There were 8 people on the cruise: four Americans, three Germans and me a Japanese.  What an international cruize!

P6040935.jpg

P6040942.jpg

P6040924.jpg

Out of the seven cars we used on the cruise (including the boring car I rented), two were streched type2 vehicles.  That was the first time I saw streched ones.

P6040998.jpg

P6041025.jpg

17:02 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in US trip | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/17/2010

Tea break 2010

Last sunday, I took part in a VW event called "TEA BREAK 2010" annually held in Shizuoka.  I was able to get a booth right next to FLAT4's and had a excitement going on at the event to lift up the VW sprit!

PB148150.jpg

PB148139.jpg

We have had heated competitions with them in VW product sales.  It's a good match, they being one of the largest companies in Japan selling VW products and we being a small but powerful company with trusted technical knowledge that comes from actual experience in the shop garage, providing maintenance and repair services which is not within thier capability.

The two that at the event that day were guys that I know and can talk with so I was able to have a fun "battle" and our customers probably enjoyed it too, for the entertainment and the discounts.

PB148145.jpg

This event isn't that big, only having been held ten times.

PB148154.jpg

PB148156.jpg

PB148157.jpg

PB148165.jpg

PB148164.jpg

PB148163.jpg

PB148166.jpg

The evnet space is located about 250km from Tokyo, in the Shizuoka prefecture.  The highway route to Tokyo gets jammed with heavy traffic in the afternoon on Sundays and last year it took seven hours to get back.  So this year, we killed time in Shizuoka before we headed back to Tokyo.

PB148169.jpg

We decided since we came to Shizuoka, this would be a great occasion to have something Shizuoka is famous for.  This is what we had, an example of an "unagi(eel)" set you'd get at a nice unagi restaurant in Shizuoka.  It's about US$40.

As expected, our way home was smooth with much less traffic than last year, though that doesn't matter  much because I wasn't driving this time.  My customer, also a friend of mine, did.

Anyway, I had a great day!

16:26 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/12/2010

Battle at a VW event

PB151544.jpg

We're going to have a booth at a VW event to be held in Shizuoka this weekend.  The organizer of the event has saved space for our booth next to FLAT4's.

I'm going to have a great time!

The photo above is from last year's event.

14:04 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) | Tags: vw event car show |  Facebook |

11/10/2010

Seals for the taillight rims

PA177258.jpg

I often find the taillight rim seals of 62-67 Bugs worn out.  So I use this seal a lot.  Befeore I tried it, I thought it would be too thick but it actually fit perfectly.

15:03 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/07/2010

Chinese one

PB077994.jpg

I'm testing an alternator made by a Chinese manufacture.  A chrome-finished alternator is great to have when you're showing your engine to someone.

Anyway, there have been times lately where products from Bosch have been disappointing.   To add to that, when I asked about their products I got new in the US to thier staff at the Japanese branch, they seemed to care only about the products they offer at their branch.

Ummm...

PB077995.jpg

17:53 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/06/2010

Poor Jack

PB067974.jpg

Shriveled Jack, what a sad sight.

16:41 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/05/2010

The American-related event I went to on Wednesday

PB037854.jpg

PB037852.jpg

PB037855.jpg

PB037856.jpg

PB037863.jpg

PB037857.jpg

PB037858.jpg

PB037864.jpg

PB037865.jpg

Wednesday this week was a holiday in Japan.  There was an event in Daiba, a famous tour spot in Tokyo, to I went to check it out.  Usually when I say "event" it's VW-related, but this one, held by a company releasing a magazine called "Lightning," was American-related.  They had American clothing and other items for sale.  Fans of American cars, motorcycles and culture gather for this event.

It was a huge crowd at the event, unthinkable for a VW event.  I thought about getting a booth next year.

PB037866.jpg

PB037872.jpg

It's getting way too cold to drive Mickey-chan as an open car.

PB037870.jpg

On my way back, I saw the Sky-tree under construction from the highway.  It's supposed to be the tallest tower in the world once it's complete.

14:47 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/03/2010

Rusty cap

PA277488.jpg

This is an old bug wheel cap made by an aftermarket brand.  In a sense, it's nicely...no, beautifully rusted so I put this on my Mickey-chan as it is to make him look more used.PA277486.jpg

16:12 Posted by MyBows-tokyo | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

11/01/2010

Storm

typha.jpg

I was planning on participating in a big VW event in the Hyogo prefucture (approximately 600km from Tokyo) last weekend but it turned out that I couldn't go because of a storm.

It was sooooo disappointng!

16:00 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |