12/30/2010

Best Bay-bus muffler

PC298910.jpg

I installed a Vintage Speed brand stainless steel muffler for 68-71 Bay-window buses on a 1970 bay bus.  I think it's one of the best products they offer.

PC290321.jpg

PC280297.jpg

The quiet sound of the muffler doesn't irritate me like other loud mufflers do.  It allows you to ride unembarrassed and frees you from the worry of irritating your neighbors when you're storing your car in the garage late at night.

PC298929.jpg

Unlike the Vintage Speed mufflers for early buses, this muffler has plenty of clearance from the road and works well for low-rider buses as well as regular buses.  Installation was easy and, best of all.  I love the simple and cool design!

17:23 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

12/24/2010

Santa's Lil' Helper Cruise

PC240140.jpg

Nao who is an employee of Flat4 organized a charity event called "Santa's Lil' Helper Cruise" held in Tokyo on Dec. 23rd.

The event was held in the States also, on Dec. 5th by DKP3.  Nao is the only Japanese member of Them.

Many people came to the event and brought canned foods and precooked noodles for donation.  The food will be donated to children in need through YMCA JAPAN.  Of course, I went there with cans of clam chowder in the passenger seat.

15:11 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

12/20/2010

End of the year party

We organized an end of the year party at my shop's garage yesterday which we do every year.  I invited customers who usually use my shop for maintenance.

PC200017.jpg

PC200030.jpg

We bought a lot of ingredients at Costco.  We all participated in preparing the food..

PC200063.jpg

Winter has already come in Japan and it was very cold in the garage but we still had a great time!

17:44 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

12/13/2010

Cat in the restaurant

DSC03852.jpgAfter the "Hotrod custom show," the president of "VS," his wife, and I went to Chinatown in Yokohama.

There are lots of Chinese restaurants and there's never a time when I can smoothly choose one to eat at because I can't tell if one is good just by looking at the exterior.

DSC03857.jpg

Although I considered choosing one I haven't been before, I finally decided to take them to a restaurant I had eaten at a few times.

The food there is not the only good thing about that restaurant.   They have a cat and that's the main reason I chose the place.

DSC03856.jpgA cat?  In a restaurant?

DSC03855.jpg

Yup.  A cat.

16:30 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

12/06/2010

Hotrod Custom Show 2010

PC048616.jpg

I went to participate in the biggest custom car show called "Hotrod Custom Show" held in Yokohama last week.

PC058637.jpg

PC058638.jpg

PC058639.jpg

PC058630.jpg

The president of Vintage Speed from Taiwan applied for a booth at the show.  I brought thier products and helped him explain to specters about thier products in Japanese.

PC058633.jpg

PC058640.jpg

Many people including foreigners came to the show.  I had a great time but also got a little tired.  I had a lot to do and spent two whole days for the show and preparing for it.

The show was great but so was the exhausion I got from it.  But what better exhausting thing is there for car-lovers?

14:26 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) | Tags: hotrod custom show hrcs mooneyes |  Facebook |

12/03/2010

Vintage Speed

02.jpg

We started selling products from a great Taiwanese company called "Vintage Speed."   I decided to visit some shops in the northern part of the main island of Japan this week. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't go to all the shops I wanted to go to.

Anyway visiting shops is very exciting thing for me because I usually don't have the opportunity to visit them.  Japanese VW shops don't usually have much conection between eachother.  I ,owning a shop that also sells parts, am in a position where I can associate with many other shops.

Here are some pictures from my business trip.

PB308507.jpg

PB308502.jpg

PB308508.jpg

PC018519.jpg

PB308506.jpg

PB298485.jpg

PC018554.jpg

PB298487.jpg

PC018549.jpg

PB308497.jpg

PC018531.jpg

It was already winter time in northern Japan.

PC018533.jpg

PC018527.jpg

PC018542.jpg

PC018558.jpg

I'd like to thank them again for welcoming me on such short notice!

11:09 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

12/02/2010

Volkswagen cruise to Arizona part2 - U.S. trip

On the way, we stopped by at a very old humburger place, VW junkyard, "Bugdud Cafe"  and some other great spot.

P6040984.jpg

P6040968.jpg

P6040979.jpg

P6040987.jpgP6041029.jpgP6041033.jpgP6041064.jpg

P6041051.jpg

P6041231.jpg

P6041235.jpg

P6041236.jpg

10:04 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in US trip | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |