04/28/2011

Mr.Leonardo

I have an ad up on Samba to introduce LED lights for VWs. I got lots of inquiries, and this time I'd like to write about a very wonderful e-mail I got.

I had been exchanging e-mails with Mr.Leonardo, a VW owner in the States, with him being interested in our LED lights.  LED installation becomes complicated when changing the turn signals, and I had to explain the installation process, possible problems, and trouble-shooting procedures.  Explaining such things in English is very difficult for me.

It was taking quite some time for me, and then the earthquake hit on March 11th.  The quake brought panic, stress and confusion, and I had forgotten about having to explain about the LED lights.

About a 2week ago, I was reminded of our e-mail exchange by Leonardo's friend request on Facebook.  I appologized for my absence but his responce was far from being a complaint.

He sent me the following e-mail.

CHIAKI... PLEASE  LET ME  SEND YOU 250.00 DOLLARS  .... I WANT YOU TO HELP ANYONE WHO IS HUNGRY WITH FOOD... I KNOW IS DOES NOT GO VERY FAR BUT . I DONT HAVE THE HEART TO BUY LED LIGHTS FOR MYSELF WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH TRAGEDY SURROUNDING YOU.DO I SEND IT TO MYBOWS@NIFTY.COM? LET ME KNOW ASAP. I WILL GET TAIL LIGHTS ANOTHER TIME. I KNOW THE MONEY IS IN THE RIGHT HANDS TO GET IT TO THE NEEDY

What an act of kindness.

Before I was able to decide what to do, the money came to me by Paypal.  So I decided to accept his donation.  This money is more than just plain money.  It holds a man's wish.  I should put it to use in the best possible way.

Leo said in his e-mail that he's especially heart-broken to think about children being hungry, so I asked different people for advice andacame to the conclusion to send sweets.  The food being donated are mainly rice balls and cup needles so snacks (especially sweet things), according to the staff at a distribution center, would be greatly appreciated.  It sweets that I thought children would especially enjoy.

With Leo's 30,000 yen in hand, I went to a wholesale shop selling sweets.  I chose aweets that I thought children would especially enjoy.

P4221133.jpg

enter keywords

P4221135.jpg

P4221140.jpg

P4221139.jpg

It was quite a load.  I put package after package (many of them by the box) into the shopping cart but when I took it to the cash register, the total only came to 20,000 yen.  I thought of buying more but changed my mind and decided to donate the rest to the Red Cross because money could be used on various things.

P4221145.jpg

I hope the children enjoy the snacks.

Again, I'd like to thank Leo.

(to be continue)

17:43 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) | Tags: enter keywords |  Facebook |

04/14/2011

Flash Bugs Meeting

The largest VW show following Jamboree, "Flash Bugs Meeting," that was scheduled in May has been canceled.  It's a big disappointment but there's nothing to be done when you think about all the quakes and power outages and other things going on in this part of Japan.

P5098766.jpg

The photo above is from last year's "Flash Bugs Meeting" show.

18:11 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

04/13/2011

Visited VW shops in Chiba

I visited several VW shops, yesterday, in Chiba (the prefecture east of Tokyo).  I went to give shop owners a chance to see the mufflers from Vintage Speed first-hand.

It's very interesting and even educational for me to see the garages of other shops.

Discussing different things with other shop owners very much stimulateed me.  Next week, I'm thinking of visiting shops in Saitama (the prefecture north of Tokyo.)

P4120296.jpg

P4120293.jpg

P4120305.jpg

P4120311.jpg

17:21 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

04/10/2011

Drive 356

P4100073.jpg

I drove my 356 (a replica of a 356 speedstar based on a bug) today.  It's been a while since I last rode.

P4100077.jpg

It's the first time after the 311 quake, of course.

Man, I love this car!

04/09/2011

The modified Vintage Speed mufflers arrived this week.

Ming Tang of Vintage Speed always accept our special requests.  We've had him make modified mufflers for bay-buses just for us.  Of course, there were a lot of installation tests and data reserch we had to do before we finally had our customized mufflers.

What our customized mufflers for bay-buses 68-71 are like, compared to the bay-bus mufflers (for all years) that Vintage Speed had been selling overseas. is as below:

-the mufflers body has been moved forward 1cm

-the tailpipe has been moved towards the rear 1cm

-the tailpipe has beem extend 10cm streching to the left

-the tailpipe end faces down by a 30 degree angle

P4059654.jpg

P4049557.jpg

The products numbers end with "MB."  You may have guessed it but it stands for "My bows."

P4069832.jpg

One newly customeized mufflers for bay-buses 72-on (T-1 engine) have muffler body at the same as before but have the following differences:

-the tailpipe has beem extend 10cm streching to the left

-the tailpipe end faces down by a 30 degree angle

Thier products number will be "054MB."

I'd really like to thank Ming Tang for all his work and consideration he's been putting into it, and to give my best in distributing more and more Vintage Speed products to VW owners in Japan.

17:03 Posted by MyBows-tokyo | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

04/06/2011

A little party

P4029489.jpg

P4029496.jpg

P4029497.jpg

I was planning to have an open-house party before the Jamboree event, but because the event was postponed due to bad situations after the earthquakes, I have canceled the party.

Instead, I invited close customers and had a little party on the same day I had the open-house party planned.  With saving electricity being the trend(?) in Japan, we turned all the lights off and lighted the shop just with lanterns.

I'll have the open-house party when the Jamboree event is scheduled again.

19:08 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

04/04/2011

MCJ PRODUCTS from the UK

P3080346.jpg

P3080367.jpg

We started to sell great VW parts from the UK.

P3080345.jpg

The product I was most excited about selling is the knobs for camper window of bay-buses.

P3259240.jpg

There used to be only junk repro parts but now, this new know will solve that problem!

19:04 Posted by MyBows-tokyo in Général | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |